Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Let's make a shrug!

This shrug is super easy so don't be intimidated. It's just a large rectangle but you do need to know how to crochet the Lover's knot or Solomon's knot. Both videos are very short so don't fret!

Here is video #1:


Here is video #2:


I followed these to learn the stitch, and to find out how to turn and start the next row.

To make the shrug, I started with 120 stitches because I wanted mine to come further down my arms. Then I followed the instructions on video 1 & 2 until my shrug was long enough to wrap around my arm comfortably. By the way, I used Caron Simply Soft yarn not only because I happened to have some at the house but also because I really love the softness of it.

Next, I sewed the "sleeves", just like video #2 explains and voila, a shrug was born (see below)!



This is a little out of the ordinary crafting but I hope you do enjoy anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers