Monday, October 17, 2011

My kids made these tonight and I thought they turned out cute. There was no carving involved so it was fun and safe for all involved.

If you want to make these, you will need
Pumpkin(s) (duh)
Any color felt
Ribbon or decorations for the masks
Googly eyes
Glue
Scissors

I didn't use a template for the mask, just went for it with the scissors but you could go here to get one. Please make sure you have good scissors as felt is hard to cut.

I started by gluing one end of the mask to the pumpkin until the first eye hole. I measured where the eye needs to be, glued it and then continued gluing the mask until next eye hole. Please note that you don't have to glue the mask to the pumpkin, you can use ribbon to tie it so it is removable. In that case you'd position the mask the way you want on the pumpkin and then mark the eye spots with a marker. Hmmm, maybe that would've been easier....?!

Let the kids go to town on decorating the masks. Mine wanted ribbon around it but you could also bling these out. You could also glue plastic bugs on them or something equally gross.

That's it, short and sweet! I am still harvesting acorns but hopefully next week I'll be able to finally post my acorn craft. I will be out of town for the rest of the week so no new posts until next week! Have a great week y'all :o)








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers