Friday, August 13, 2010

Home made ice cream with a twist


For the first time in my life I made and ate ice cream sweetened with Xylitol. Guess what? It turned out great! It passed the "picky eater test" as my 6 year old scarfed it down in record time. Here's the recipe I used:

2.5 cups heavy whipping cream
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 1/8 cups Xylitol (not powder but the stuff that looks like the evil sugar)
1.5 Tbsp pure vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl and transfer into the ice cream maker. It took about 1 hr until the ice cream was hard enough to eat. It was Y-U-M-M-Y!

This recipe is for a 2-quart ice cream maker. And by the way, this ice cream is "belly good" i.e. it fits in my BFC diet. Now that's my kind of diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers