Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Alton Brown's Moo-less chocolate pie - my version


I saw Alton Brown make this pudding on TV not too long ago and decided to try it with my own modifications. It was ok the first night but really delicious the second night. The good thing about this is that it offers a lot of protein so it's very filling. However, I'm still a little on the fence with tofu so this is a treat we'll have only occasionally.

Here's the recipe, or my version of it:

1 lb Tofu, drained
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1 tsp Vanilla

I put the tofu in the blender with the vanilla and blended it smooth. Then I melted the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Once melted, I added them to the tofu mixture, blended smooth and voila, chocolate pudding/pie filling.

There is a little bit more sugar in this pudding because of the milk chocolate chips, I'm ok with that if this is not a daily or even weekly treat. You can use semi sweet chocolate chips and add additional honey as a sweetener but I chose milk chocolate because I don't like semisweet.

Very easy recipe, kids loved it and it traveled very well in the lunch box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers