Monday, November 14, 2011

Turkey Game

I'm so happy to be back! I thought this game would be fun for the little ones out there and it's so easy to make.

You'll need:
 Felt (brown, white, orange, red, and black)
Clothespins (6 per turkey)
Square block
Scapbook paper
Modge Podge
Batting or stuffing
Tacky or fabric glue, or sewing machine with brown thread



Directions:

1. I started by cutting 4"diameter circles out of brown felt. You will need two circles for each turkey.

2. I cut out the eyes, nose, and "gobbler" and attached them with tacky (all-purpose) glue.

3. Next, I put a little batting between the two brown circle layers and sewed around the edge.
If you don't sew, you could easily just glue the brown felt on a circle of cardboard or glue the two layers together.

4. I selected six different colors/patterns of scrapbook paper and modge podged them on clothespins. Each player will need their own turkey and set of six clothespins.
5. I elected to use an old A,B,C block I had around the house for our dice. I modge podged the six coordinating scrapbook papers on the "dice."
Game Directions:

Each player gets a turkey head and six clothespins of different colors. The first player roles the dice. The player gets to put on the feather color (clothespin) they roll on the dice. Take turns trying to collect all of your different colored turkey feathers. If you roll a color you already have, the turn goes to the next player. The first person to have all six different feathers (clothespins) shouts Gobble, Gobble, Gobble and wins the game!
Thank you Greene Acres Hobby Farm for the fun game!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers