Tuesday, October 11, 2011

How to get rid of extra Halloween candy

Halloween is going to be here before we know it. It seems that whatever holiday, I give myself a green card to fill up on junk food. This year will be different! I am going to make desserts from one of my earlier posts and see how I feel.

I try my hardest to stay away from the candy, but when it is at the house, I eat it. That's why I'm happy to announce that a local dentist's office has implemented "The Greatest Candy Buy Back". They will pay your munchkins $1/pound if you bring it into their office the first Saturday after Halloween (November 5th) (also my dad's birthday :o) ). This is where to haul the loot between the hours of 9am and 12 pm:

The Woodlands Modern Dentistry
9595 Six Pines Drive, Ste 1370
Phone: 281- 298-2433

The candy has to be unopened and they will pay dollar per pound up to 5lbs. All candy collected will be shipped to Operation Gratitude, and they will ship overseas to our troops. If you don't live in the area, you can check out the Operation Gratitude website to find a participating dentist.

I think this is a great way to get rid of the junk while helping others. Normally I wouldn't recommend eating candy but let's face it, our troops are out there putting their lives in danger. Most of them don't get to enjoy the conveniences we take for granted every day, even if it's just popping into Walmart to buy a bit of Halloween candy. Let's bring home a little closer for them this Halloween by getting paid to donate our candy. Hello!! What a deal!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers