Thursday, May 19, 2011

De-plastic-fying

I thought I'd post a quick update on my activities today. Number one, I'm still on my detox diet but I cheat every once in a while. Who can live without at least occasional chocolate?!

Number two, I am de-plasticfying my house. (Yes, I did make up that word.) That means, I'm getting rid of anything plastic and replacing them with glass. Why? Because a lot of the stuff I have is pre-historic and not BPA free. I think it's important to make this shift and to me glass seems to be the safest and easiest option. It can go in the dishwasher, unlike plastic, and be used over & over & over without worries.

Oh, you didn't know plastic shouldn't go in the dishwasher? Well, it should not. Water molecules work their way into the plastic and at that point it can start leaching BPA and other chemical nastiness into your food. You do not want that especially for the developing little ones!

Back to glass. I have lots of cute glass containers hanging around the house that are just collecting dust so last night I went hunting and found this for my muffins:



Very cute and very appropriate for the purpose. Please excuse the picture, my camera is a point and shoot and according to the professionals, I'll never be able to produce beautiful pictures for the blog as long as I keep using it. So be it until we can afford a fancy camera.

I did have to hurry and take the picture before the family got a hold of the muffins. The picture just wouldn't be the same if my container only had one half eaten muffin on the bottom of it.

So there you have it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers