Friday, March 11, 2011

An unwated guest


Hey, long time no blog! I've had the flu and today is the first day I feel like a human again. Of course now my little boy has it, and there are 2 more victims in the family it hasn't claimed yet so who knows how long this will be going on.

I am tired of restaurant food so I'm ready to say FLU BE GONE if only for that reason. My husband claims he doesn't cook but I think it's more of a "I-don't-feel-like-cooking-I-just-want-to-sit-down-and-eat-food" type of thing.

I thought I'd talk about the flu today. Surprising, I' m sure ;o) The symptoms first of all are

fever
chills
headache
muscle aches
loss of appetite
dizziness
tiredness
cough
runny nose
sore throat
nausea or vomiting
weakness
ear pain
diarrhea or di-a-rita like my daughter calls it

The flu symptoms are more severe than cold and you can expect to be suffering about 5 days. You may have some lingering cough and weakness after the 5 days but all symptoms should be gone within 1-2 weeks.

So when am I not contagious anymore? I hate to tell you/me, but because the flu is a virus you are contagious from the first moment you get sick until all of your symptoms are gone. So maybe up to 2 weeks... hopefully not longer...

Small children, elderly and people with long term health problems like asthma need to take the flu seriously because it can lead to life threatening conditions like pneumonia. A yearly flu shot is recommended as well as seeing your health care provider as soon as you feel any of these symptoms coming on.

Well, that's the download on the flu. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers