Thursday, December 9, 2010

Meat pie dinner & apple dessert

I still haven't had time to sit down and get crafting but I do have a simple and fairly quick dinner recipe to share with you today.

You'll need:
1 sheet of puff pastry dough (Pepperidge Farm makes it and it's in the frozen section)
left over lunch meat (any amount), chopped
3 eggs, hard boiled, peeled & chopped
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, raw
1.5 c shredded cheese
Spices (garlic, black pepper etc. of your choosing)

optional:
Handful of spinach, fresh
1/2 onion, chopped
olive oil

Preheat oven to 350F. Use the rolling pin to make the thawed puff pastry dough thinner. Make it pie crust thickness unless you want it thicker. Lay in a pie dish (round, square, rectangular, anything goes!)

If using, put abt 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and add onions. Cook until transparent, then add spinach and cook until it wilts. Put aside.

Mix the eggs and lunch meat. I used hickory smoked turkey and I only had 3 slices left so any amount will do. Just add more of the eggs or spinach if using. To this you would add the spinach/onion mixture. Pour on top of the pie crust.



Whisk the raw egg until just fluffy. Add milk and spices. Mix until well blended. Add graded cheese and again, mix until well blended. Pour on top of pie in circle motion. Above is a picture of my pie, still uncooked.

Cook the pie in the oven for about 35-40min or until golden brown. We never have leftovers of this.





Since I had some puff pastry dough left, I decided to make this apple dessert. You'll need:

Apple(s)
cinnamon
sugar
oats (quick or not)
butter



I used a muffin pan and my son's cup to get little rounds out of the puff pastry dough. I used a teensy bit of olive oil to oil the muffin pan and then set the dough on the bottom of the cup. On top I cut up some apples mixed with cinnamon and sugar. On top of that goes a mixture of oats, cinnamon, sugar and softened butter. Squeeze it with your hands to get it crumbly and bake at 350F for about 30 min. Yum! And if you can get your hands on some ice cream or whipped cream, triple yum!




I didn't list any amounts because I had to eye it all. I used 3/4 of 1 green apple and maybe 3-4 tbsp butter. The cinnamon and sugar I just added until I thought it was enough. I hope you like these recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers