Friday, September 17, 2010

I've got a secret...

...and this one you probably don't want to know but I'll tell you anyway. When I was in Finland I learned something new about coconut oil. I love coconut oil already so I was humongously excited to find another use for it. Currently I am using it straight out of the jar as a moisturizer; no more synthetic moisturizers that are filled with chemicals. Coconut oil all the way!

Now here comes the new part: you can also use it as a deodorant! You may be wondering about my sanity, or lack thereof, but seriously, who would have thought? Let me tell you why I was so excited about the news: I have a deodorant allergy. If I wear any, I basically have to walk around scratching my pits all day long. Not very attractive, you agree? These past few weeks that I've been using coconut oil, I've had no allergy issues.

How does it work? Well, besides the antibacterial antiviral properties of coconut oil, which are key, you just rinse your armpits with water and then smear it all over and go (provided that you have your clothes on). Coconut oil is non-staining so it won't ruin your clothes. At the same time it doesn't prevent wetness so you may still want to walk around with your arms glued to your side if the day is very hot. Oh yea, it does work much better if you don't look like Ludmila the Russian wrestler, i.e. you must shave your armpits. Hair traps odor you see.

It works great for me and I'm very excited not to itch and have irritated skin. Coconut oil prevents wrinkles and sagging of the skin so sisters (and brothers if there are any reading), with the continued use I'm going to have wrinkle free non-sagging pits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers