Sunday, August 8, 2010

Simple dessert


My husband was the one who introduced me to the cinnamon sugar tortilla dessert. I forgot about it until a few weeks ago when the kids were asking for dessert and I had none. We almost always have tortillas on hand but if not, I've posted a homemade tortilla recipe here. They are easy peasy, as my 6 year old says, and very quick to make.

Back to the dessert. You will need 4 things:
Tortilla(s)
Butter
Cinnamon
Sugar OR preferably Xylitol or Truvia sweeteners

Turn your oven to 350F; I use my convection toaster oven for this because it works so great. Plus it doesn't heat up the whole kitchen.

Spread a thin layer of butter on the tortilla(s) and sprinkle with cinnamon & natural sweetener or the evil sugar. Next bake in the oven until tortilla starts to bubble and the butter has melted.

Cut in wedges and serve, or you can leave it whole, your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers