Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Yogurt Pops


These are delicious and healthy for you and your children. You will need

Organic yogurt (big container, any flavor)
Berries, fresh or frozen
Xylitol or other natural sweetener (please note: Splenda is NOT a natural sweetener)
Small plastic cups
Popsicle sticks
Blender or food processor
Cookie sheet

Start by putting about 1 cup of berries in the blender/food processor and puree. Add 2 cups of yogurt. I use plain because I can use it for other things like pancakes, sour cream substitute, cheese making etc but flavors would also be nice. If you go with flavored yogurt, be careful when adding sweetener. You may not even need any!

Blend the berries and yogurt together and add sweetener to your taste. I used Xylitol but since I didn't measure (DUH!) I have no clue how much I used. I kept tasting and when it was sweet enough, I quit adding.

Line plastic cups on a cookie sheet and fill with yogurt berry mixture. Insert a Popsicle stick and freeze. Don't freak out if some of your stick won't stay upright, it just adds a little spice to life ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers