Monday, May 10, 2010

Tulle t-shirt



The new thing this season seems to be tulle skirts and t-shirts. Since they are a little too expensive for what they are, I thought I'd make one myself. I purchased a cheap t-shirt from Walmart and the tulle from Hobby Lobby. It was on sale for $0.77/ yard -- SCORE!! I wanted to make a patriotic t-shirt dress for my daughter so I purchased 1/2 yard of red, white and blue tulle.




You have to decide what length you want your tulle. I wanted mine shorter so I folded the whole 1/2 yard in half 3 times. You can cut the folds open of leave them as they are, up to you. To make the ruffles, I sewed with a long straight stitch (5.0) by the edge. Once done, measure the bottom of the t-shirt, pull the top thread and move the tulle down to the length you need. Don't be ruff and snap the thread! Make sure the ruffles are even and then pin to the shirt. Sew on.



I sewed my 3 layers on leaving about 1/2" in between them. I started with the bottom layer because I wanted it to be at a certain place on the t-shirt. You can do yours from top to bottom or bottom to top, which ever way works for you. Voila, you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers