Monday, December 28, 2009

Soft scarf


I made these scarves for my kids for Christmas and contrary to popular belief, they love them. Although it's cold only a short period of time here in Houston, they still need scarves and like to use them.

I went to the fabric store and bought 1/4 yard of fleece to coordinate with their winter wear. I folded the fleece in half long ways and cut it in half. Voila, I had 2 scarves. My mother suggested I use pinking shears on the long edges of the scarves so I did. Cute! I eyeballed and cut the fringe, and then ironed on the characters also bought at the fabric store. The iron-ons were the most expensive part of the whole project which cost about $7.00 and the best part was: no sewing required!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers