Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pop corn in food storage

Pop corn is a great idea for your food storage because you can make pop corn or corn flour from it. Who knew?! I went to Sam's Club and bought a 50lb bag of ACT pop corn for about $17.00. I stored the corn by lining 2 Homer paint buckets with Hefty One Zip 11 gallon bags. I got the paint buckets from Home Depot and the Hefty bags from my local grocery store (HEB, Walmart didn't have them). I filled up the buckets, zipped the bags shut removing all the air and then pounded the lid on. Using masking tape I wrote the contents of the buckets with the date. Ta dah! Easy as pie.

I am thinking of using this method for rice and sugar as well. The hardest part is finding a place for all of the buckets..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers