Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Vacuum Food Sealer

















Back from vacation!! It was a wonderful week + a few days but now it's back to the real world. I pulled out my well rested vacuum food sealer and sealed a few things I bought at the store yesterday. Granted these items MIGHT have been ok in the packaging they came in but since I try to buy organic, I don't want to take a chance of throwing my money down the drain. Besides, we get sugar ants and those bad boys & gals are known to eat through the packaging if they want something bad enough.

So what will I need, you may be asking yourself. You will need: a vacuum food sealer, regular mouth and/or wide mouth attachment(s), glass jars (wide or regular mouth, pint or quart size), preserving lids, and vacuum sealer bags. Then you get to work. You'll have to read your owner's manual to find out how to vacuum seal jars & bags but it shouldn't be rocket science. FYI: sometimes the machine will not seal the jars, in which case you can put a double lid on the jar like this:

























I like to use the jars better than the bags so I sealed my crackers and snack type of cookies in them. I decided to seal the Oreo type of cookies in the bag to see how well it will hold up. We shall see. That's it for now. Have fun with this project if you decide to try it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers