Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pancakes in a muffin tin


Hello peeps! It's been a super busy couple of weeks as my daughter had her 8th birthday and a baptism all in one weekend. "What was I thinking?!" was my favorite phrase during the days leading up to the big events. Now that we're past all that, I feel like I actually have more time to devote to my poor neglected blogs.

I saw this idea on Pinterest and wanted to try it today. It turned out super well! Here's the how-to using a surprise ingredient: essential oils!

Batter:
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
5-6 drops Wild Orange essential oil
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 400F and grease your muffin tins (I used 2).

Use a mixer to mix all of the ingredients except the butter. Make sure there are no flour lumps!

Melt the butter and then add slowly to the batter while mixing.

Fill the muffin cups 1/4 full. Try to resist filling them more, it's totally unnecessary. Bake your pancakes for about 15 minutes or until golden in color.

I sprinkled mine with powdered sugar, raspberry sauce and maple syrup. Mine made 34 yummy little pancakes.

If you don't see a bowl shape on the "right" side, check the bottom. I found most of my beautiful holes on the bottom!


Raspberry sauce (you can actually use any berry/berries you like):

Boil berries in a small amount of water (cover the bottom of a small sauce pan, then pour in about 1 - 1.5 cups of berries). Use a sweetener of your choice, I used Truvia to sweeten mine. You could also use cassia oil to lightly sweeten.

When the berries are soft, break them up with a spoon or run through a blender/food processor. I used a wooden spoon and the raspberries broke up nicely. Let cool and fill the hole of the pancakes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers