Friday, January 27, 2012

Super fun and easy dry erase board

My kids have recently discovered dry erase boards and are having lots of fun doodling. They have destroyed a few that I've bought so I finally had a stroke of genius and decided to make one. Like the title says, it's super easy. You'll need:

A picture frame with glass
Decorative paper/poster board
Dry erase markers

Separate the back from the frame and slip your poster board or decorative paper inside the frame under the glass. Close the back and voila, you've got a nice dry erase board.

Obviously you can go very elaborate on this thing but I wanted mine simple. This is how it turned out:



I found the frames on the side of the road; a photography studio was closing its doors getting ready to throw them out. At the time I picked them up I had no idea what I was going to use them for so I kept them in the storage for almost a year. They are large but that's how I like them and of course the kids L-O-V-E them!

I used a white poster board as the background because then the kids can see their doodlings easily. And if they draw something they don't like, all they need to do is use a paper towel or a dry rag to wipe it off. 

You could also use windows with the dry erase markers if you don't want to have another extra thing at your house. Just make sure the kids know to only use the dry erase markers on it :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers