1. Get a 24” x 36” poster print of your favorite photo. The prices will range from $15-$25.
2. Get a 1/4” MDF board cut to the size of your poster. Use Scotch
77 or any other Spray Adhesive to adhere the poster onto the board. You can use a scrap piece of
the poster to protect your surface as you burnish it down.
3. When dry, turn it over and trim the edges with an
Exacto knife. Use Brushstroke Mod Podge with a white foam roller and spread a thick, even coat on the
poster print. Brushstroke Mod Podge dries quickly so work fast!
4. Once your have an even coat on the poster print, press a piece
of canvas on top of it. Slowly pull back the canvas material to
reveal a “canvas print”.
5. The canvas stamps its impression into the Brushstroke Mod
Podge giving the faux canvas look. At this point look over your photo to make sure there aren’t any hairs or fuzz on the picture and use tweezers to remove anything. If the surface gets messed up
just add more Mod Podge and press it again.