Pumpkin butter..mmmmm...delicious! Thanks to Tidy Mom, you too can now make your own. Here is the recipe:
Preparation time: 2 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree (about 3.5 cups)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Combine all ingredient, except for lemon juice, in a large saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and let cool.
- Pour into airtight jar(s) and store in refrigerator for up to 6 days.