The new buzz word nowadays is gluten free. So many people are suffering from not being able digest the protein, or gluten, in wheat and other grains that I thought it would be great to post something almost everyone can enjoy. Please notice that this recipe may be flour-less but it's not tasteless. These cookies are delicious!
* 1 cup peanut butter (I use smooth)
*1 cup packed brown sugar
*1 large egg
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350
*Mix first 5 ingredients and fold in chocolate chips.
*Using your hands form palm-size balls and arrange on parchment lined baking sheets
*Press dough balls into rounds-tidy up the edges to make them pretty!
(Put the cookies about 2″ apart on baking sheet)
*Bake about 10-12 minutes until gorgeously golden!
*Cool on wire racks
You can healthify this recipe by:
- Using organic peanut butter
- Using organic brown sugar. The organic version is not as processed as the regular brown sugar but it's still yummy. You could also use coconut palm sugar, although it tends to be a bit expensive.
- Using alcohol free organic vanilla extract (yes, they make such a thing)
- Using organic chocolate chips. If you are daring, you can replace the chocolate chips with carob chips. Carob comes from the Carob or Locust tree and is sweeter than chocolate. It is a great alternative to chocolate but make sure you like it before adding it to the cookies as it does have a taste of its own.
- Using organic free range eggs. They have more of the good Omega-3 fats in them than other commercially produced eggs.