Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Butter cookies


Yum... I call these the forbidden cookies because there is so much stuff in the dough that really isn't in my healthy eating plan but because of Thanksgiving, I decided to try this recipe. My kids love them, cannot get enough of them, but then again I think it's because they are sugary yummy cookies. Cookies are a bit of a rarity in my house because I don't make them often so they go fast when I do make them.

This is what you'll need (read recipe first please):

1 box of cake mix
1 stick butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350F.

Ok gang, the recipe calls for Duncan Hines butter cake mix BUT I went with Dr Oetker's organic vanilla one because of the trans fat issue. Gotta still try to healthify these recipes!

Mix everything together and chill the dough for 2 hrs; I left it in the freezer for 1 hr and it was fine to work with. Make walnut size balls, roll in powdered sugar and bake on ungreased baking sheet for 10-12 min or until done. Roll in powdered sugar again or leave as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers