Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Foods we should never eat

As I was sitting in front of my computer this morning eating cereal for breakfast, I came across an interesting article of foods we should never eat. First on the list was soda. It has lots of sugar and the diet ones have Aspartame so it being first on the list was no surprise to me. Aspartame by the way is NEVER good for you.

Doughnuts and pastries aren't good for your either and were the second on the list. They are usually loaded with HFCS and transfats but still occasionally I've been known to shove some in my mouth... But every time I eat them, I don't feel so great. Is my body trying to tell me something? I think so! Have I been listening? Mostly.

French Fries are number 3. They are usually cooked in highly refined GMO oils (NEVER NEVER NEVER a good thing!!!!!!!!!!!) so you're saturating your body with the worst type of fat there is. Do you ever feel great and energized after eating French fries? I don't; actually I'm blessed because eating French fries or other fried foods gives me a throbbing headache. I tend to avoid them for that very reason.

Last on the list was breakfast cereals. WHAT??? Why??? A lot of the cereals are sweetened with HFCS and made from GMO grains. So if you are going to eat cereal, oatmeal etc. make sure you are buying organic low sugar cereals. If that doesn't work for you, switch to omelets, smoothies (homemade, organic) etc. The options are limitless.

Just this week I found a no sugar cereal that I started using. It's not organic so I guess I have to find something else to eat in the mornings. Remember, organic is always a superior purchase!

Here's to your health!


Dictionary:
GMO = Genetically Modified Organism
HFCS = High Fructose Corn Syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers