Thursday, April 22, 2010

New idea


I'm always looking for new lunch and dinner ideas for my family. Lunch is especially tricky because I tend to keep with the same quick and easy menu items week after week. Last week I found a great new idea that both my kids love: flat bread!

I bought a package of flat bread from the store and lo & behold, there was a recipe in the back! I tried it, kids liked it, we're keepin' it! If you have the time, you can of course make your own flat bread, or just pop into HEB and buy a package. Here's how to do it:

Inside the bread spread peanut butter & jelly and sprinkle with granola. You can see the granola we use in the picture above. Slice some banana on top and roll it up. With fruit and salad or vegetables on the side, your young one has quite a healthy lunch.

When shopping for jellies and jams, please be careful not to purchase the ones that have high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) or artificial sweeteners like Splenda in them. Both wreak havoc in your body causing further health problems. White sugar is not great either but I don't think there are jellies made with natural sweeteners. You've got to watch out for your family's health because nobody else is going to do it.

My sermon's over. Till next time!

PS. HFCS is not only in jellies, it's in EVERYTHING! So WATCH OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers