Monday, March 29, 2010

Hair treatment

(Finally I got this picture to load. Behind the coconut oil you can see my very long needing to be cut Easter grass.)

I tried this last week and it was wonderful. Melt 1.5 teaspoons of coconut oil in a pot; massage in hair. Leave in for at least 1 hr but preferably overnight. I protected my pillow case with a towel although I've read that coconut oil is non staining. Just to be extra careful, I did use a towel.
***PLEASE NOTE: the oil will be hot after you melt it so let it COOL first before using!!!***

You may be wondering how will you get that mess out of your hair? It was easy! Just shampoo and voila, you're done. I wanted to make sure no oils stayed in my hair so I shampooed twice. This treatment made my hair nice and soft. Gotta love it!!!

I've also started using coconut oil on my skin. If I run out of facial moisturizer, I use it. If I have a dry patch on my hand/elbow etc., I use it. It is greasy so you'll have to massage it in really well but be gentle on your skin. And a little goes a long way!

Since this oil can be used for cooking too, I store it in my pantry and I ALWAYS reach in with a spoon. This way, my oil is still clean for consumption if I choose to use it in recipes or cooking.

Till later!

1 comment:

  1. I did try to add a picture 3 times and although it said pic added, it's not here :o(

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers